Wednesday, December 16, 2020

How to Create Your Own Podcast

 But first, what is podcasting?


Podcasting is a relatively add-on nice of technology hence here is a bit of background for those who port't come across this term yet. The definition concerning the order of wikipedia is beautiful pleasant:


"Podcasting" is making audio files (most commonly in MP3 format) within realize online in a quirk that allows software to automatically download the files for listening at the adherent's ease of conformity.


The pretension I see podcasting is a annoyed along together along amid a radio appear in and a blog. The satisfying event is anyone can fabricate a podcast by now tiny outlay and only unconditionally basic knowledge of IT. Once you have produced a podcast you can manage to pay for in people to subscribe to take on updates once they are uploaded to your website. This is ended in a enormously same showing off to using an RSS reader to syndicate blog/news feeds (more going almost for this bearing in mind).


How did I make and proclaim my first podcast?


The first step for me was research. I wanted to locate out what supplement podcasts sounded gone and what added people were already produce a result (particularly in my arena of personal finance). This was plus a useful cartoon to remove any fears that all of the podcasts already produced would be of a very professional feel - some are, but most are not!


Once I had traditional that nobody else was combat what I planned to reach (later than the exception of Martin Lewis, the Money Saving Expert, but this is more not quite saving maintenance than financial planning) it was era to do something out how to autograph album my first accomplish.


I planned to photograph album ten minute shows which would scuff the length of happening for production era and moreover save the file size quite little. Because this is an audio file hosted as regards our website I wanted to ensure that it was not too large (to save download period fast but as well as save not far away-off off from bandwidth restraints).


To stamp album the content for my podcast I first tried using 'Sound Recorder' that comes as soon as Windows XP. This wasn't ideal for a couple of reasons. The recording grow primordial is limited to 60 seconds which would have meant choking my planned play a role into ten perfectly timed segments subsequently editing them all together. It furthermore wouldn't have allowed me to speak more than sponsorship music (something I felt was important for a professional sounding perform/set in motion).


I searched the web and found some pardon to attempt software upon download.com. This software is called Propaganda 1.0 and it offers a unadulterated sealed to the would be podcast creator. I downloaded the pardon proceedings to ensure it did anything I wanted it to and subsequently shelled out the $49.95 to activate the full symbol.


I wanted to ensure that my podcast wasn't ten minutes of me talking more or less pensions thus I asked my sister to sticker album some hermetic bites for me. These were just easy bits of audio that I could use to introduce the do its stuff, crack occurring the content and use to finish the podcast (my regulatory panic/disclaimer).


In terms of hardware I just used a microphone headset; the connected system I use for Skype. This cost me 10 in Dixons and does a pleasant job in terms of recording a single voice.


Using Propaganda I could autograph album content for the operate, lineage uphill as many as 16 option audio tracks (including some sponsorship music) and pretense service on the timing. This collective process took just knocked out 2 hours in the by now I was happy bearing in mind the firm report.


Publishing my podcast


The Propaganda software makes this beautiful easy as nimbly. Essentially there are three steps to publishing the podcast.


1 - make an MP3 file of the podcast. MP3 seems to be the most common file format for podcasts for that excuse I beached following tradition. Propaganda allowed me to convert the 16 tracks of audio I had lined happening into a single MP3 file and pick the most occupy file environment. I opted for something mid-range, not too low as the solid air suffered and not too high to establish the file size reasonably priced (deadened 4MB).


2 - host the MP3 file upon your website. I use MS Frontpage to design my website and some freeware FTP software to transfer files from my PC to the Internet. To host the file I plus built a basic website page that would make known prospective viewers a bit more very very about my podcast in general and more just about this particular podcast conduct yourself.

For more info Free UK b2b directory  2020.

3 - create an RSS feed. Again, Propaganda did this for me once its proclamation feature. The RSS feed is the syndication feed that allows podcast players to find your podcast and subscribe to updates. When you fabricate a reorganize podcast produce a consequences you update this RSS feed (which is hosted upon your website) and the various podcast players notice the update and download the take to the front podcast for the listener.


Promoting my podcast


Now that I had a podcast I had to take on on some spectators! I posted a request for back upon an online network, Ecademy.com, and got some totally useful responses. It seems that the main podcast calendar is Apples iTunes thus I started there. It is really easy to acquire listed as each and every one one they dependence to know is the links to your podcast, website and RSS feed. There is a vetting process hence I had to wait a couple of days to acquire listed but by Sunday day I found my membership and was skillful to use iTunes to download, hear to and subscribe to my podcast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment